Friday, October 19, 2012

The FIRST letter!

Hello!!!!

This is the first time I'm getting to email or really even write letters. We've just been extremely busy all the time. Everything here is great! My companion, Elder Cooper, is awesome. My district is awesome. My zone is awesome. This whole place is just so great! The food is really good, but it screws with my stomach. Today is my first P-day since I've been here, so it's the first time I've gotten to do laundry. With General Conference being this past weekend, it messed up our schedule so we couldn't do certain things. But Conference was awesome! I can't wait to see all the new missionaries that can go a year or even two years earlier!! Since it's so much closer for them now, they need to decide RIGHT NOW whether they are going.  This entire experience is just so great and I want them to feel the same way I do. The language is coming a lot better than I had expected. I can mostly understand what my teachers are saying and can somewhat come up with an intelligent answer. Hahaha We are the guinea pigs of the MTC. Before, everyone learning a new language had to teach a mock investigator in that language. We got to teach in English. Mainly to focus on what we were teaching and how we could better teach the investigator rather than focusing on the language.We also had the awesome opportunity on Tuesday to have Elder Bednar come and speak to us for our devotional! It was a really special experience for everyone. It's not often that a member of the twelve or first presidency come to talk to the missionaries. I see Graham every once in a while. I'm sure you've heard that he's doing really well. I've also seen Dillon and a buuuuuunch of the guys from my BYU ward. It's so awesome coming here and seeing all my friends and being able to make new ones. Hope everything is going well back in good ole Augusta, Georgia!!

Much love,

Elder Vogel

my roomates! the dark haired one is elder cooper, my companion
the native american is Elder sam
the blonde is elder gibson.
they are both going to el salvador
P.S. Remind everyone that they can send me letters FOR FREE on dearelder.com

Elder Alexander Vogel
Provo MTC Box #248
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604

No comments:

Post a Comment