Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A letter from the mama.

I will never forget the proud feeling I had when Sascha announced the fact that he was even going to go on a mission many m-a-n-y many months ago. Much has happened since then. 

I was very surprised about the call to Nicaragua and the spanish speaking part. And thrilled. Especially for him. I know he will do great things while serving the people there and teaching the Gospel by example. 

These past few months have been an emotional roller coaster ride for me. Good thing I love coasters! I am soo glad the shopping is almost done, and hopefully he will have everything he needs before leaving the MTC. Even though I detest shopping, I have really enjoyed that time with Sascha and Graham Lowry and his mom. Also am thrilled to have gotten to spend some time with just Sascha and his brother and I will really miss listening to the two play rockband or have a conversation even if it is about a video game. 

Looking at my Missionary last night, it took me back a ways... to when he went for his first day at Pre-K. He was so small and I wanted to hold him, keep him, protect him, so the mean kids couldn't hurt him. Keep him safe by my side. And Sascha just barreled in there and took everyones hearts by storm. I know he will do the same in Nicaragua with the people there! Sascha has charisma - that is his special gift. It makes him a natural leader, and hopefully he will use that gift wisely. He is a joy to be around and he always has a song in his heart. Love that about him! And I guess sometimes his heart is so full of music it flows out his mouth. Hehehe. He even has me thinking in lyrics 

Sascha/Elder Vogel
...you just left this morning and I love you so much it is beyond even my comprehension. I am sooooo proud of you. You are an amazing young man and I am so proud to be your mom. 
So here, in your honor is a mildly modified Disney lyric... fitted for the occasion... and yes.. I know it needs work but hey - it's my first time! 

Let's get down to business 
To teach Nicaraguans. 
Did they send me daughters 
When I asked for sons? 
You're the saddest bunch I've ever met, 
But you can bet before they're through, 
Elder they'll make a man out of you. 

Tranquil as a forest, 
But be on fire within. 
Once you make Christ your center, 
You are sure to win. 
You're a stumbling, lost and wretched lot 
And you haven't got a clue. 
Somehow He'll make an Elder out of you. 



Really, you are an Elder already! You are the gospel storm about to take Nicaragua 
Never forget...we love you bunches and - of course - pray for you 


Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment