Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Week 4

Sorry for not writing yesterday. My companion had to get his Nicaragua ID in Managua. So yeah. We had to wake up at 4:30 to get on a bus to Managua. Then we spent all day in Managua and didn't have a chance to write. So here I am! Hahaha

This week was kinda normal. We found 2 new families to teach. One of them went to church and we're working on the other one. Our first family is still going to chuch, which is awesome!! And we're working really hard to get one more family to go. So right now, we have about 3 families that we're teaching.

Of course I'm having tons of fun. I've eaten a guayaba straight off of a tree. And also a coconut. And a star fruit! Still waiting for my first mango though.

I love this work. These people are super difficult to teach because everyone here is either Catholic, Evangelical, or Jehovah's Witness. They all think that the Bible is the one and only and there's no way we can convince them that there is other scripture. But, I'm getting pretty decent wth the Bible.Hahaha

For New Year's here, the make an old man out of old clothes and fireworks. Then they throw him in the street and light him on fire! So that's what we did. Except we were on the beach. It was really cool. And if you think the people in the US are crazy about their fireworks......It looked and sounded like World War 3 was happening. La gente aqui es loco! But They're all really nice and almost everyone will talk to us about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and his teachings. 

I hope everyone has a Happy Happy New Year!

Elder Vogel

P.S. I forgot to mention that the volcano I live near blew ash for about 3 days. It didn't get to Corinto, but Chinandega is COVERED in ash.

No comments:

Post a Comment