Sunday, December 30, 2012

Week 2 in Nicaragua!

Where do I start??......Oh yeah, I had my first baptisms on Friday and Saturday!! It's a family that the Sisters before us taught, but they got transferred before they could do anything. So it kinda counts, but at the same time.........Oh well. I'm just excited!! I performed my first baptism ever! Of course it was in Spanish as well. But the spirit when I was in the font with that family was amazing. It makes me wanna go and find more people!!! 

We're teaching this other guy named Julio as well. He told us that when he was younger, he wanted to know which was the true church. Golden! We brought him to church and he liked it a lot! So we need to teach him a couple of more lessons and he'll be baptized soon! We're also teaching another guy named David. We're trying to teach his wife and daughter as well, but they're never there when we go. But we're trying! And we're also teaching a family that the Sisters before us contacted, but never came back.....Don't know why, cuz they have a baptism date for the 29th. So yeah! Hopefully, we can get at least 2 more families in the water before the year is out! 

The work here is moving forward! and I'm so grateful to be apart of it. Like Graham said earlier, it's so much hard work, but so much fun! Like today, we played soccer on the beach and I found a bunch of cool seashells. 

The language is slowly coming. It'll take a while, but i'll get it through the Lord's help. I love everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas season!

You stay classy outside world,

Elder Vogel

No comments:

Post a Comment